Laws For The Council

Each municipality of Victoria has a local council that has the power to make certain local laws for the community. The council is only authorized to make and enforce these local laws in accordance with certain regulations.

Where a council has acted in a way that is outside the scope of its powers, you can request that their actions be internally reviewed. If this does not resolve the matter, Victoria has a State Ombudsman which deals with complaints about public Victoria organizations.

If you think a council has breached any human rights, you can make a complaint to the Victorian Ombudsman. However, contacting an agency would be one of the best options to go further as the agency is well-aware of all the legal proceedings and would help you in a better way.

If you have an issue with your local Council or another government authority, contact Western Law to understand your options.

Complaint Resolution For Council Disputes

1. A brief statement for council disputes

You need to submit a brief statement of your issue for council disputes

2. History of the case

You need to submit a brief history of the case.

3. Correspondence and other documents

You also need to submit the correspondence to and from the council and other required documents

Why Choose Western Law Lawyers?

By choosing us, the disputes would be handled quickly and with confidentiality. We would help you to explore alternatives to reach a mutually acceptable agreement. We use a flexible yet effective approach to use at any stage of dispute and help resolve.

We follow transparent rules ad policies so that our clients can easily rely on us ad share all the necessary documents required for the legal proceedings.

We connect with our clients at their convenience and provide then support and service round the clock. Our legal help is seamlessly available, and more and more people are switching to a platform where experienced lawyers are available to provide them with the best legal advice.

We are here to support you and help you with all your disputes and provide you the best legal advice.

Contact us today for specialist help: (03) 9070 9873